Do you appreciate a good color-coded file system? Are you often the first person your friends call to organize a social event?
Have you resigned yourself to accept your more creative friends’ chaos, and realize that they need your organizational superpowers?
If that’s you, Flat Creek, a unique digital company near Boulder, Colorado, is currently seeking a project coordinator to help us get our act together.
As the project coordinator, you will be the lifesaver who keeps the trains running on time. Scheduling events, webinars, meetings, video shoots, content, and other projects will be your domain.
The position is remote, but ideal for someone in the Denver / Boulder, Colorado area.
Also, due to our current project mix, the position is currently only through the end of 2018.
Responsibilities could include:
- Booking guests for media projects, including video interviews, podcasts, and webinars.
- Sending email newsletters via tools like MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, Emma, etc to promote said projects.
- Coordinating a remote team of writers, developers, media producers, and partners to produce excellent, creative, and impactful products.
- Scheduling, editing, publishing, and creating content including blog posts, social media, and emails.
- Researching potential contributors to policy-focused news sites and kindly but persistently asking current contributors for their content.
- Answering questions from users about our CRM platform, Datrm.in.
- Placing digital ad buys and compiling statistics on ad performance.
- 1-2 years experience in an agency, legislative, or campaign environment.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and client relations skills.
- Quiet admiration for Microsoft Excel. Spreadsheets are woven into the fabric of life.
- Real familiar with web-based applications, such as MailChimp, WordPress, and/or other marketing and publishing solutions. Seriously, there’s going to be days where you’re jumping from one web application to another publishing blog posts, posting Instagram pics, sending email newsletters, updating contacts, creating events… We’ll teach you the specific tools, but it’s good to know yourself and know that you’re comfortable with workflows involving web applications.
- Self-starting. What does that mean at Flat Creek? It means that you will have a portfolio of responsibilities and when you start your day, no one will be standing over your shoulder making sure you’re doing your work. It’s a small shop and we’re counting on you to keep projects moving forward.
- Political savvy / interest. A lot of our work is around policy, activism, and politics. It’s a unique world, so we’re looking for someone who understands that pressure and appreciates the value of doing work that impacts our society.
About Flat Creek
Flat Creek is a unique digital company that creates products to support center-right causes. Our projects include Datrm.in, a CRM application for activism, Thought.buzz (a website for thoughtful commentary on issues), and other technology, content and data-related projects. We also provide strategic leadership and production services to a handful of center-right organizations engaged in policy and activism.
Flat Creek was founded by Allen Fuller in 2005 as one of the first GOP digital agencies in the country. In 2013, Allen sold Flat Creek’s book of business to a larger, global digital agency. Since that time he has worked independently on targeted, strategic projects and is in the process of relaunching Flat Creek to focus on building brands and products to help America regain its footing as a home to innovators, adventure-seekers, and freedom lovers.
How to Apply
If the idea of bringing order to chaos sounds like your dream job, let’s talk! Apply by submitting your most organized resume to [email protected]. The position is immediately available.