Do you think in headlines? Are you constantly chasing the next story? Did your college friends ask you to write their papers for them?
If that’s you, Flat Creek, a unique digital studio near Boulder, Colorado, is currently seeking a Content Strategist to help our clients’ tell their stories in compelling ways.
As the Content Strategist, you will be the brain behind turning current events into engaging content for both client and internal projects. Whether it is a standard news report, opinion piece, website update, or fundraising appeal, we are looking for someone with a talent for clear, interesting, and factual writing. As a key member of Flat Creek’s production team, the ideal Content Strategist will design content that will educate, motivate, and engage the audience.
The position is full-time and fully remote, but ideal for someone near Boulder, Colo. or Washington, DC.
Responsibilities could include:
- Maintaining a strong, working knowledge of current events and the political landscape.
- Performing research on topics relevant to the project, and maintaining briefing notes to be shared with internal teams.
- Analyzing and interpreting sources provided by clients, and developing content ideas and strategies.
- Writing content with intended audiences in mind, while ensuring pieces are accurate and objective.
- Assisting where necessary with the placement of approved content.
- Balancing a full schedule of daily and long term priorities within a project management tool.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong verbal communications skills.
- A keen, unwavering attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency in writing clearly and persuasively from multiple voices. The person who will exist best in this role is someone who can learn how our clients communicate, and is comfortable switching between multiple styles every day. Regardless of who the content is written for, the ability to write strong, compelling content is a must.
- Self-starter. What does that mean at Flat Creek? It means that you will have a portfolio of responsibilities when you start your day, and no one will be standing over your shoulder making sure you’re doing your work. It’s a small shop and we’re counting on you to keep projects moving forward.
- Political savvy / interest. A lot of our work is around center-right policy, activism, and politics. It’s a unique world, so we’re looking for someone who understands that pressure and appreciates the value of doing work that impacts our society.
- 2-3 years writing content for a conservative media outlet, agency, or advocacy group is preferred.
- Unlimited PTO
- Healthcare reimbursement
- Fully remote team
About Flat Creek
Flat Creek is a unique digital studio where we blend advocacy & technology to advance freedom & opportunity. Our projects include Datrm.in (a CRM for activism) Thought.buzz (a website for thoughtful commentary on issues), and other technology, content and data-related projects. We also provide strategic leadership and production services to a handful of center-right organizations engaged in policy and activism.
Flat Creek was founded by Allen Fuller in 2005 as one of the first center-right digital agencies in the country. Today, Flat Creek builds brands and products to help America regain its footing as a home to innovators, adventure-seekers, and freedom lovers.
How to Apply
If the idea of being a professional media junky and writing to conservative audiences sounds like your dream job, let’s talk! Apply by submitting your most content compelling resume to [email protected]. The position is immediately available.